- How do you loan Kindle books that are not lendable?
- Can I send a book to someone else’s Kindle?
- Do libraries loan Kindle books?
- How do I transfer Kindle books to another Kindle?
- How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
- How do you know if a book is lendable on Kindle?
- Can you gift Kindle books?
- Can you sell Kindle books?
- Do I own my Kindle books?
You can loan eligible Kindle books from the product detail page of a book you purchased on Amazon.
During the loan period, you will not be able to read the book that you loaned.
To loan a Kindle book: Go to the Kindle Store from your computer, and then locate the title you’d like to loan.
How do you loan Kindle books that are not lendable?
Go to Manage Your Content and Devices. Find the book you want to share and click the button with three dots to the left of the title. If it’s lendable, you’ll see an option that says “Loan this title.” If that doesn’t appear as an option, it is not lendable.
Can I send a book to someone else’s Kindle?
Purchase a Kindle Book as a Gift. You can give most Kindle books available in the Kindle Store as a gift to anyone with an email address. You can send or receive Kindle books as gifts even if you do not own an Amazon device. Enter the personal email address of your gift recipient.
Do libraries loan Kindle books?
Kindle books that you borrow from a public library are available to you for a specific period of time, just like with physical library books. Public library books for Kindle are available at libraries throughout the United States. These books are offered through a digital service called OverDrive.
How do I transfer Kindle books to another Kindle?
- Log in to the same Amazon account on both Kindles.
- Open Amazon in an internet browser.
- Hover over your name on the menu bar.
- Click Your Content and Devices on the menu.
- Select the books you want to move.
- Click the yellow Deliver button.
- Click the Devices Selected tab.
- Select the Kindle you want to transfer your files.
How do I lend a Kindle book to a friend?
To loan a book:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Select the Actions button for the title that you want to loan, and then select Loan this title. If Loan this title is not an option, lending is not available for that title.
- Enter the recipient’s email address and an optional message.
- Click Send now.
How do you know if a book is lendable on Kindle?
To determine whether a title is lendable before buying, just check the product details section on the Amazon book listing. To check on books you’ve already bought, just point your browser to the Manage Your Kindle page, scroll down to the Your Orders section, and click the plus sign next to your books.
Can you gift Kindle books?
Head to Amazon and find the Kindle version of the book you want to gift. Then click the “Give as Gift” button. You can choose to e-mail the e-book gift to the recipient with a future delivery date, or print out a voucher (which you can then place in a greeting card).
Can you sell Kindle books?
Amazon has patented a means to sell used e-books within the Kindle system. A book will be branded within the system when it is bought, and when the buyer puts it up for resale at the Kindle store, it will be removed from his account and transferred to the buyer’s account.
Do I own my Kindle books?
You may own a Kindle full of books, but in reality, the only thing you truly own is the Kindle. Buried in the spaghetti code that is Amazon\’s Kindle license agreement is the truth: your eBooks are not yours. You have a license agreement to view those books, and Amazon can revoke it at any time.