10 of the Most Rare Books of All Time
- The Gutenberg Bible.
- The Birds of America.
- The Codex of Leicester.
- Don Quixote.
- Tamerlane and Other Poems.
- Ptolemy’s Geographia Cosmographia.
- On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres.
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
10 Dec 2015
What is the most valuable book in the world?
The 10 Most Expensive Books in the World
- The Gutenberg Bible — $4.9 million.
- First Folio, William Shakespeare — $6 million.
- The Canterbury Tales, Geoffrey Chaucer — $7.5 million.
- Birds of America, James Audubon — $11.5 million.
- The Gospels of Henry the Lion, Order of Saint Benedict — $11.7 million.
- The Codex Leicester, Leonardo da Vinci — $30.8 million.
20 Jan 2012
What is the oldest book ever found?
The Gutenberg Bible, also known as the 42-line Bible, is listed by the Guinness Book of World records as the world’s oldest mechanically printed book – the first copies of which were printed in 1454-1455 AD.13 Mar 2018
What old books are worth a lot of money?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of Money!
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling:
11 Dec 2017
Where can I find rare books?
Suggested clip 57 seconds
Guide to Collecting Rare Books : How to Find Rare Books – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip