Forgetting to wear sunglasses.
Extensive UV exposure can damage the retina and ultimately put you at risk for a few major eye conditions like cataracts or abnormal growths.
What things damage your eyes?
11 Habits That Are Ruining Your Eyes
- Staring at your smartphone.
- Watching TV at night.
- Sleeping in contacts.
- Rubbing your eyes.
- Overusing eyedrops.
- Not eating a well-balanced diet.
- Not using safety goggles.
- Misusing eye makeup.
How can you make your eyesight bad?
5 ways to ruin your eyesight
- Dry your eyes out. Dry eyes are more susceptible to infection, so that’s what you should go for.
- Pain and strain. We don’t know about you, but headaches really make our day.
- 3. Make your screen as bright as possible.
- Keep things close.
- Don’t correct your budding myopia.
What can cause eyesight to worsen?
A change in eyesight can be caused by eye diseases, ageing, injury, or even other underlying medical conditions such as diabetes. Cataracts (a cloudiness of the lens in the eye) can also cause issues with glare sensitivity, poor night vision and ‘halos’ appearing around lights and is another age-related condition.
Do screens damage your eyes?
While complaints of eye fatigue and discomfort are common among digital device users, these symptoms are not caused by the screen itself. All levels of radiation from computer screens are below levels that can cause eye damage such as cataracts. Digital screens do exposure your eyes to blue light.