- Which MacBook is best for college?
- Is a MacBook necessary for college?
- Why do college students use MacBooks?
- Are refurbished MacBooks good?
- Is the MacBook Air or Pro better for college?
- Is MacBook Air or Pro better?
- What laptop should I buy for college?
- Are Macs worth it?
- Which laptop is best for college students?
- Which is better for college Mac or Windows?
- Why do students have Macs?
- What percentage of college students use Macs?
- Which is better MacBook or Macbook Pro?
- Are old MacBooks worth buying?
- Are refurbished MacBooks good Reddit?
The MacBook Air is a good choice for school, as long as you’re willing to tolerate its trade-offs.
You get great battery life and decent mainstream performance in a premium, lightweight design.
If you’re willing to consider a Windows 10 PC, you can get a more powerful system for the same price or less than the Air.
Which MacBook is best for college?
Best Apple Laptop for Most: 13-inch MacBook Pro (2019)
The entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro is now our favorite Apple laptop for most shoppers. It packs a fast 8th-gen Core i5 processor and more than 10 hours of battery life in a fairly light 3-pound design.
Is a MacBook necessary for college?
But you don’t need a Mac if you’re in college. Professionals use Macs because the software is responsive and smooth. But if you’re just going to be watching Netflix and writing essays, you don’t need a Mac; you can do those on any laptop.
Why do college students use MacBooks?
In school, 95% of computer technology uses windows operating system, rather than mac operating system. Because so many students already are using Macs, more and more incoming college students will choose to buy a Mac, because everyone is using a Mac, rather than PC.
Are refurbished MacBooks good?
Apple’s online refurbished store is the only source for official refurbished products certified by Apple. You may see other sites such as Amazon, Best Buy, Simply Mac, Mac of All Trades, and others offering refurbished Macs at low price, but these do not come with the same warranty and have not been tested by Apple.
Is the MacBook Air or Pro better for college?
For better performance, look to the 13-inch MacBook Pro, which is a touch smaller than the MacBook Air and weighs just a bit more, but features much more powerful dual-core processors, includes a gorgeous Retina display, and provides Thunderbolt 3 ports for charging and expansion.
Is MacBook Air or Pro better?
The Pro’s display is also brighter than the MacBook Air’s, even though they share the same size and resolution. The MacBook Pro and MacBook Air mostly mirror each other when it comes to specs. But for everything you get by paying a $200 premium, the MacBook Pro might work out to be a better choice for you.
What laptop should I buy for college?
Here are the best college laptops for every type of student.
- Best Overall: HP Envy 13t.
- Best Apple Laptop: MacBook Air (2018)
- Best Under $1,000: Asus ZenBook UX333FA.
- Best Under $400: Acer Aspire 5.
- Best 2-in-1: HP Spectre x360 (13-inch, 2019)
- Best Ultrabook: Lenovo Yoga C930.
- Best Chromebook: Asus Chromebook Flip C434.
Are Macs worth it?
Apple computers cost a lot more than some PCs, but they’re worth their high price when you consider the value you get for your money. Macs get regular software updates that make them more capable over time. Bug fixes and patches are even available on older versions of MacOS to keep more vintage Macs safe.
Which laptop is best for college students?
Best laptops for college students in 2019
- HP Chromebook x2. Best Chromebook 2-in-1.
- Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630. Best 15.6-inch convertible Chromebook.
- Acer Nitro 5. Best entry-level gaming rig.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6. Best Windows 2-in-1.
- Dell XPS 13. Best Windows pick.
- Apple MacBook Air (2019) Best Mac value.
- Asus ROG Zephyrus S. Best pick for power gamers.
Which is better for college Mac or Windows?
Winner: Tie. Windows are cheaper but Macs are worth the extra cash. It’s pretty clear why for most student Macs are a better option.
Why do students have Macs?
Macs also have a reputation for being more secure and less prone to getting viruses and malware than Windows PCs, making it more attractive for parents looking for something good for their college aged children.
What percentage of college students use Macs?
70 percent of college freshmen are entering school with Macs [Updated 2] Increasingly, companies are giving their employees a choice to either use Microsoft Windows PCs or Apple Inc.’s Macs, the analyst said.
Which is better MacBook or Macbook Pro?
So it’s quite a bit faster. The MacBook Pro, meanwhile, uses a seventh-gen i5 with a much higher clock speed, so it’s the fastest of the lot, as it should be. The MacBook uses Intel’s slower Core m3 processor, so it’s markedly slower than the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, but a bit faster than the 2017 Air.
Are old MacBooks worth buying?
Unfortunately, they aren’t worth much more after I’ve upgraded them. In 2012 or 2013, the Macbook Retina came out (15 and then 13). Much better screens, built in SSD, but not as repairable, a bit more delicate, and the RAM isn’t upgradable. Is it worth buying an older MacBook Pro than a recent MacBook Air?
Are refurbished MacBooks good Reddit?
Anything that is damaged is replaced, essentially making it a new Mac. Plus, you get a good warranty and the option to buy AppleCare and a nice discount. Apple refurbished is the only way to go.