How often should we meet?
Monthly works best for most clubs.
Some meet every 6 weeks.
Once you choose a schedule, try to stick with it.
What should I expect at a book club?
A book club is a reading group, usually consisting of a number of people who read and talk about books based on a topic or an agreed-upon reading list. It’s common for book clubs to choose a specific book to read and discuss at the same time. Formal book clubs meet on a regular basis at a set location.
How do I make my book club successful?
Here are a few tips to creating a successful book club.
- Choose a demographic. If you are planning to read only chick lit, don’t try to make it a couples book club.
- Try to pick books that are under 400 pages.
- Be realistic with your schedule.
- Incorporate food.
- Allow for some hang out time.
How do you hold a book club?
10 Tips for Hosting a Book Club
- Find a Theme: Define the subject matter and authors you choose.
- Size: Cap the group participants to a number you can reasonably host.
- Spread the responsibility.
- Break outside your circle.
- First rule of book club?
- Avoid over meeting.
- The food.
- Set the ground rules.
How long is book club?