Go to the website of your local public library and search for Kindle books / eBooks.
At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account, and select the Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or supported Kindle reading app to send the book to.
Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.
How do I borrow a book from the library?
- Get a library card.
- Choose your books.
- Be aware of lending limits.
- Take your books to the circulation desk for check-out.
- Use the self-checkout as an alternative.
- Set up your online account.
- Renew your books if you need more time.
- Learn to place holds on books.
How do I borrow books from the library on my Kindle?
How to borrow and deliver Kindle Books
- Open your library’s digital collection (you can find it using www.overdrive.com).
- Find a Kindle Book to borrow.
- Select Borrow.
- Choose a lending period for the title (if available).Then, select Borrow again.
- After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
How do I borrow books from the library on my Nook?
Suggested clip · 109 seconds
B&N NOOK: How To Download Library eBooks – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Can you borrow books from other libraries on OverDrive?
Those who can’t install Libby on their mobile device can use the original OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy your OverDrive titles. Most titles are available in the OverDrive Read or OverDrive Listen formats, which allow users to read or listen right in their web browser.