Using the Kindle PDF Reader
Right-click your Kindle in File Explorer, select “Eject” and disconnect your device.
Open the built-in PDF reader to view PDF files in their original format.
If you have a first-generation Kindle Reader, you must convert the files before copying them to the Documents folder.
How do I open a PDF on my Kindle?
Open the PDF on your Kindle.
Once the PDF appears here, you can tap it to select it. If you’re using the Kindle app, open it and sign in if necessary, then tap the LIBRARY tab to view a list of your Kindle’s files. You can then tap the PDF’s icon when it arrives.
How do I read documents on my Kindle?
Read Personal Documents
- Visit Kindle Personal Documents Service.
- Send personal documents already in your Kindle Library: Visit Manage Your Content and Devices, click the Your Content tab, and then select your personal document.
- Read personal documents on your Kindle reading app: Tap the Kindle logo, and select Docs.
How do I read PDF files on my Kindle Fire?
Kindle Fire: How to Transfer and Read PDF Files
- Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Unlock the screen and the Kindle Fire should mount to the computer.
- A drive called “KINDLE” or “Fire” should now be available on your computer.
- Once you’re done transferring files, tap “Disconnect” on the screen.
- Select “Docs” from the home page.
Does Amazon Kindle support PDF?
Every Amazon Kindle comes with its own email address. Amazon will automatically convert the contents of the PDF to a size that your e-reader can more readily handle. Once converted, the PDF will be sent to your Kindle using Amazon’s Whispersync technology. Using this method to convert PDFs has its drawbacks.