- Can you send an ebook to someone else?
- Can you lend a Kindle book to a friend?
- How do I lend an ebook?
- How do I buy an eBook for someone else?
- Can I donate an eBook to my library?
- How do I send a Kindle book to someone else?
- Why can’t I lend a Kindle book?
- Can you rent books on Kindle?
- How do I share an ebook with a friend?
- Are PDF books legal?
- Can you share Amazon ebooks?
- How do I gift an ebook on Google Play?
- Can I give an audible book to someone else?
- Can I buy a Kobo book for someone else?
Amazon allows people to lend their Kindle books, provided the publisher has agreed to allow lending.
A Kindle book can only be lent one time, so choose carefully which friend you want to lend a Kindle book to.
Kindle books can be lent to another reader for up to 14 days, with no option for extension.
Can you send an ebook to someone else?
You can’t sell them used or give them away to someone else after reading them like you can with paper books. You can pass along ebooks if they are DRM free, but if you are buying them from a retailer like Amazon, the odds of getting a DRM free ebook are slim to nil.
Can you lend a Kindle book to a friend?
Go to Manage Your Content and Devices. Select the Actions button for the title that you want to loan, and then select Loan this title. If Loan this title is not an option, lending is not available for that title. Enter the recipient’s email address and an optional message.
How do I lend an ebook?
How to Lend a Kindle Book
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Find the book you want to share and click the button with three dots to the left of the title.
- Click “Loan this title” and then enter the information for the person you’re lending to.
How do I buy an eBook for someone else?
Purchase a Kindle Book as a Gift
- From the Kindle Store in your desktop browser, select the book you want to purchase as a gift.
- On the product detail page, click the Buy for others button.
- Enter the personal email address of your gift recipient.
- Enter a delivery date and an optional gift message.
Can I donate an eBook to my library?
In general, though, donating your finished e-books to libraries does not work in the same way that donating printed books and other materials does. According to the American Library Association website, “E-books cannot be donated because their use is governed by contract rather than the copyright law.”
How do I send a Kindle book to someone else?
Here’s what you have to do:
- Log into your Amazon account as you would normally, and head to the Manage Your Content and Devices page.
- Click the Actions button next to the book or magazine title you want to loan, and select Loan this title.
- Enter the recipient’s email address and an optional message.
- Click Send now.
Why can’t I lend a Kindle book?
Not all Kindle books can be loaned out. Only books that are marked as eligible for lending can actually be borrowed by others. You can lend a particular book only once, which means once one person has borrowed a specific Kindle book from you, you can not loan the same book back out to the same person or anyone else.
Can you rent books on Kindle?
Amazon will now loan you free books, as long as you’re a Prime member. You can borrow one book a month by going to the “Kindle Owners’ Lending Library” in the Kindle Store on your Kindle device. Books with the Prime icon can be borrowed for free for the month (as long as you’re a Prime member).
How do I share an ebook with a friend?
How To Share an eBook
- Set up an account (you can login with your Facebook and Twitter credentials; I created my own account.) Be aware that Kindle lending requires that you share your email with the borrower, so you may want to avoid using your primary address.
- List your books.
- Borrow and share alike.
- Look for books to borrow.
Are PDF books legal?
It is however, illegal to use pdf files of copyright protected books. It is also illegal to photocopy/photograph/make videos of them. Most books will have this line on the first few pages. There are many free books available in PDF format; it is perfectly legal to download and read them.
Can you share Amazon ebooks?
Amazon allows two adults in the same family to share the ebooks they buy with one another. If you’re not the only Kindle owner in your family, you’re in luck: Amazon will allow a maximum of two adults per family, to share Kindle ebooks with one another.
How do I gift an ebook on Google Play?
Send Google Play Books gifts
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Search for a book you want to send as a gift. Tap the book to go to the detail page.
- Tap Gift .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to buy and send your gift.
Can I give an audible book to someone else?
If you are purchasing for someone who already had an Audible account, this means you can give them 3, 6, or 12 additional credits to use. One credit equals one audiobook. Unfortunately, there’s no way to buy or give gifts through the Audible app.
Can I buy a Kobo book for someone else?
If you plan to buy an e-book as a gift for someone, the closest you’ve been able to get ’til now is to buy them a gift card and have the recipient download the title of their choosing. But Kobo has announced today its plans to allow people to actually purchase specific e-books as gifts.